Join assess4ed.net’s Motion Leadership group for a two-week (August 20- August 31) exploration around how to use motion leadership techniques to implement change and build capacity as a change leader. With the help of our group moderators and resources from Michael Fullan, Motion Leadership: The Skinny, we will ponder, share and muse on the tough issues surrounding the implementation of large scale change leadership.
Don’t miss out on the chance to share ideas and gain insight on breaking down silos, making forward momentum and seeing positive results using motion leadership techniques.
If you have an assess4ed.net membership, join the Motion Leadership group by clicking the “Join” icon. If you are not member, click the “New Account” link on the right hand side of the page and select the Motion Leadership group as part of the registration process.
Schedule of Events for the Forum
Week of August 20, 2012- Understanding the concept behind Motion Leadership
1. Start to conceptualize the concept behind change leadership by reading Michael Fullan’s book, Motion Leadership: The Skinny on Becoming Change Savvy or by simply exploring his and reviewing some of the many available resources.
2. View SETDA’s July book talk presentation on Motion Leadership by Joanne Quinn, a member of Michael Fullan's staff. [LD3]
3. Think of a quote, vision or mission statement that depicts change leadership in your mind. Share your thoughts on the discussion.[LD4] Be sure to read what others have shared and respond to others as well. Visit the discussion regularly and contribute as often as possible.
4. Identify a few guiding questions and share them on the discussion[LD5] . Take an active part in the discussion by collaborating with others. You are encouraged contribute freely. Please know that your contribution helps move the discussion forward so the more you share the better.
5. Review self-assessment checklist[LD6] . If you feel comfortable, share the results and a few reflections about the outcome. Where you surprised at the results? Are there qualities that you want to change? Where are your strengths? Weaknesses? Keep in mind that there are no wrong answers so don’t hesitate to share.
Week of August 27- Share your experience and/or future plans of implementing Motion Leadership techniques
1. Read, contemplate and share your thoughts about the daily blog. Try to visit the group daily to stay up-to-date on the conversation. Don’t forget to take a comment to share your insights – we value your expertise.
2. Continue to share your thoughts, inspirations and challenges in the group discussion throughout the week.
This event will be running from August 20 to August 31, 2012.
[Note - the time is listed in EST]